MERGER & ACQUISITION SUPPORT :
MEC posses extensive world-wide experience in supporting merger and acquisition efforts for all types of networks. MEC specialists have supported license acquisitions globally including Europe, Middle East, Africa, and the Americas. In addition MEC has prepared numerous winning “bid books” for various clients.
MEC can support the most complex technical, commercial, and/or operational due diligence efforts for existing or new operations.
Operational Audit and ‘as-is’ assessment
Bankable Business Valuations including regional/global benchmarking
License bid support and bid book development
Due Diligence of all aspects of the business and its operating environment
Business assessment including but not limited to:
- ‘As-Is’ review and performance improvement plan
- Human resources assessment
- Physical inventory and Assets
- Technical and Operational network evaluation
- Organisational structure & capabilities
- Markets and Customer segmentation
- Market potential, business strategy, new services and competitive review
AUDIT AND NETWORK ASSESSMENT
- Operator Performance Reviews in Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Chad, Afghanistan, Venezuela, Nigeria, and others.
- Operational assessments of Operators in Somalia, Sudan, Mali, Philippines, Malaysia, Poland, Libya, Morocco, Iran, Nigeria.
- New Mobile network and Broadband data network launches in Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Romania, Slovakia, Thailand, Venezuela, UK, Europe, USA, Russia and a number of other African countries
- Due Diligence of Operators in Syria, Chad, Yemen, Afghanistan, USA, Mauritania, Dem. Rep. of Congo, Tanzania, Senegal, Iraq, Russia, Ukraine, Romania, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Croatia, Costa Rica.
- Technical/operational implementation projects across all functional areas in: Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Korea, Thailand, Romania, Slovakia, Russia, Ivory Coast, Venezuela, USA, Argentina, Dominican Republic, and many others.
NETWORK ROLLOUT PROJECT DETAILS
Asiacell GSM Network Rollout
Direct contract with Asiacell, Iraq, to install, commission and integrate an NSN BSS network into their existing Huawei GSM network
- BSS Network Rollout in Unbar Province Installation, commissioning, integration and drive-testing of GSM base station sites and microwave transmission network. Installation, commissioning and integration of Ramadi BSC, including interoperability testing between NSN BSC and Huawei MSC.
- NetAct Installation and Commissioning Installation, commissioning, integration of NSN NetAct OSS platform, including integration with BSS network and training of client personnel.
- Rollout Project Management Project management of the Unbar BSS rollout, coordinating activities between MEC implementation teams, vendor (NSN), client (Asiacell) and client subcontractors.
Our MOBILE NETWORK Planning and Launch Support :
MEC has worked for the government of Afghanistan for several years to plan and launch Aftel’s 2G/3G network:
- Turnkey business plan, technical plan, operations plan
- Business case development
- Network tendering
- Interim management C level team onsite for 12+ months
- Network is commercial today exceeding business plan by 200+ percent
- Network is currently 300 + sites growing to 1500 plus sites
- Will be the largest network in the country
REGULATORY AND CONTRACTUAL SUPPORT :
- S. Sudan regulatory Body Support
- Direct support to the regulator on licensing and services support
- Tender development for national fiber network and International Gateway
- Jordan ICT regulatory body
- Mobile number portability project planning and design project
- Qatar ICT regulatory
- Delivered to ictQATAR Technical Regulatory Authority Process Development and Process Training services